Wednesday, June 29, 2016

more rambling....

It's Wednesday ~ June 29th... I know this because of my phone and my computer..... Otherwise, I would have lost track of the day/ date. 

I'm still tired and still have that awful cough..... It takes me out.... The cough itself makes me tired... 

I see the oncologist tomorrow... I'm gonna talk to him about the cough.... just to make sure it's "normal".... I am also hoping we can get the next round of chemo set up. My guess I won't see him again until the end of July. I have my next chemo July 6th. Then the final red devil the week after that... I don't know if I get a week off between the Adriamycin and the Taxol or not.... Quite honestly, I'm ok if I don't get a week off. I just want to get thru this... I want it done.  On July 6th there is a band in the park "Hotel California".... they are a tribute band of the Eagles.... I LOVE the Eagles... Anytime this band comes to Springfield to perform, I have seen them. Of course, anytime they have come, they have come to the park where the entertainment is free. Anyway... on my ADD thought, I have chemo July 6th, I will be loaded up with steroids.... I will feel like crap and be very tired, but unable to rest due to the steroids.... so, I am hoping we can go to the park, even for a little bit to hear the band... 

Rebekah returned from her honeymoon on Sunday and we went to her in-laws home to watch them open gifts. They received some really nice things. I'm glad for them.... It will make starting out a little easier... Of course, right now, they are living with Andrew's family. Which is good for starting out because it will help them save money. 

I talk to Brad all the time.... about what to say to people. People will ask how I am.... I answer tired... because I am. Some days completely exhausted... other days just eh... tired... but if I do anything, forget it! I'm done for the day and it takes a day or two to recover. I really don't know what to say.... I'm doing ok, but tired.... no energy.... I get winded very easily.... I wear down easily.... It does not take much... and this cough certainly does not help! 

A dear friend, Tammy, took me out yesterday. We went to Young's Golden Jersey Inn for lunch and the drove over to the dairy store for ice cream. We sat and people watched for awhile.... came up with some good ideas for ourselves.... It was fun.... Plus it was really good to see someone other than my husband and kids and grandkids... It was great to see other people and have big people talk. I have hopes to do this again! 

Our neighbors brought us dinner this week.... that was super nice! And delicious! 

Rebekah is going to take me to the grocery tomorrow afternoon. I feel helpless because there is not much I can do.... but I thought, if she took me to the grocery, I could ride in the wheelchair and she could push the cart and help me get stuff..... granted this will likely wear me out, but it will help out. 

Well.... that's all for today.... more updates after the oncology appointment tomorrow! 

Happy Hump Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment