Tuesday, June 14, 2016

wedding week!



I've done all other blogs in purple, but will try to do anymore this week in red or blue since my daughter is getting married and those are her wedding colors! She is getting married THIS SATURDAY June 18. We are excited and nervous and sad all at the same time. 

This week, she has a few things to do. Monday, she got the programs printed (thank you to her in-laws for paying for that). Today, she took me to chemo... which was not so great. My White Blood Cell count is down to 2.6 and my ANC is 1.6. If my ANC had been 1.5 no chemo. So, I'm on precautions this week due to low white cells. I am very prone to infection. I go back next Tuesday maybe for chemo, maybe not... all depends on my white cells.... 

Tomorrow (Wednesday) she goes to the orthodontist to see how her invisalign is working. It is looking great. She is so pretty anyway, her teeth are straightening nicely. She is also picking up her wedding dress from the dry cleaners tomorrow! They pressed it so it will look so nice and crisp!! Then tomorrow afternoon, she is getting her feet done and her fingernails as well. She wants to look her best. 

Thursday, not sure if there is anything specific on Thursday. I know she is meeting with a friend for coffee.... Just try to chill out and relax.... 

Friday... ARRRGGG wedding rehearsal (or dress rehearsal my dance/ theater daughter keeps saying). The rehearsal is at 4pm at church. Dinner to follow at the in-laws home. 

Saturday the big day! She goes to the beauty parlor at 9:30 for her wedding hair. Our beautician has already done mine! She fixed my wig and it looks great! All ready for my bald head... After her wedding hair... we are going to the hotel for a quick lunch then off to the church. the flowers are arriving around 12:30... We'll we get dressed there and get ready to greet people... :) The wedding is at 3:30 and the reception at 5.... It will be awesome.... 

I never thought I would be like this on wedding week.... My WBC's are 2.6 my  gosh! So they're pretty low... I had chemo today and not only does that zap me, but of course, now the low white cells.... ugh! I may have to wear a mask to the wedding... but we'll see.... My job for the rest of the week is to rest and get better... 
I never imagined that I'd have chemo... or cancer..... let alone have to work my daughter's wedding around it... but I'm here. She loves me and doesn't care. My husband is here for me... It will all be good..... 

Will try to continue to update on wedding week and wedding day! It's gonna be awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment