Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Wedding....

Well, we made it..... the wedding came, the wedding went, and we survived.... My daughter was gorgeous... the wedding was beautiful and she is now in Florida on her honeymoon with her new husband. They are enjoying Disney World... 

The week was tiring, but it was good. There were so many things.... Our fellowship minister, Joel Augustus performed the ceremony. He was incredible. They did the Unity Cross and the Lazzo Ceremony. They smiled and cried and danced back down the aisle to You Make My Dreams Come True by Daryl Hall and John Oates.  The reception was so much fun. We ate and they danced and danced. it was beautiful. She danced with her daddy and her new husband. Her husband, Andrew danced with his mama. It was wonderful. Everyone had a great time. There was one little hiccup.... my grandson, one of the flower boys, decided to cut his own hair that morning. He already had a buzz... he decided to make a strip down the middle. He got more of a buzz! 



Well... it all seemed and still seems surreal. It happened... I tried my best to be "in the moment"... but I felt like I was in a haze and it was over so quick. The ceremony lasted 30 - 40 minutes, yet it seemed like it was over so quick! I was back in the choir room getting ready and then getting masked up and didn't get to visit with people before hand. Then during the reception, I really couldn't dance. I walked to a couple tables but mostly sat. So, it was different than I anticipated. However, most importantly, I was there. I was there and I saw it all and watched my daughter marry her best friend. She was so so happy. Andrew hardly ever smiles, He smiled and smiled. These kids were so happy. I'm really happy for them. 

Then, add that his family is so sweet and kind and wonderful... I hope they are just as happy as us. I would like to just say, yes they are, but I don't want to put words in their mouths.... ;) 

Anyway.... It was great...... for a lot of photos.... go to facebook and search forbetterorhurst  :) 
But for the record.... here are some.....  The only photo we seemed to get of me was from the rehearsal... we didn't take any of me with my girl... :( The photographers did.... so that will be good. 



  













2 comments:

  1. Glad it turned out beautifully! You did great hanging in there! I am so happy you made it through! Although, I KNEW you would! You have a lot of determination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it turned out beautifully! You did great hanging in there! I am so happy you made it through! Although, I KNEW you would! You have a lot of determination!

    ReplyDelete