Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekend Away

So..... while we are waiting to hear results of my BRCA/ DNA test.... Brad felt like I needed to get away and that the TWO of us needed to spend sometime alone. Great idea! It was much needed and enjoyable.... Throw in that the wonderful people I work with gave us a gift card to LaRosa's pizza (my favorite) and to Red Lobster (mmmmm).... that made it even more awesome! 

So on Friday night, off we went... All the way to Beavercreek (which if you don't know, is like 25 minutes away).... We stayed at a Residence Inn by Marriott. Brad picked the "romantic" package.... so, the Marriott provided us with champagne glasses, a bottle of champage and chocolate covered strawberries...
mmmm and our bed looked like this.... It was really cool....
We were able to relax and enjoy after we went for pizza. Then on Saturday morning, we slept until 8:30.... wow! For the first time in over a year, there were no little people climbing on us or asking for breakfast... (our grandsons live with us) Then after breakfast, morning devotions and a nap! It was great.... Then lunch and we went to Wright State University and walked in the woods there (the Biology Land Lab). It was so cool and quiet and unique.... A relaxing walk and time alone with God and each other. We saw a lot of deer prints but found no antlers. We saw raccoon prints and while staring intently at some prints that we were attempting to discern, we heard rustling and noises coming quickly from behind. We were quite taken back and a bit afraid. However, it was a dog. Not a wild dog, it had a collar on and it's owner was not far behind. Whew! But it was quite a scare for a minute...    
So, back to the hotel.... rest and relax.... off to dinner and back to the room.... champagne and strawberries.... early bedtime for the old tired people.... Up late this morning, breakfast and packed up. We went to Sam's Club, Once Upon a Child and then Kroger Marketplace. A final stop at Young's Dairy on the way home and finally home again... our Grace missed us and it's nice to be home, but the weekend was WONDERFUL... Time away and it felt like FOREVER! That was good.... I am so thankful for my husband. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, we will have test results and then will know what type of surgery we are looking at.... Lumpectomy or Double Mastectomy. I think those are the only options... I just want this done. I want to move further down this path... every move down the path is closer to the end. Plus, we have the wedding coming up. It's only a few months away and when you look at surgery then waiting for chemo to start.... it will go quickly. God gave me a great scripture this morning

 " For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday." Pslam 91: 3-6 

Please do not misunderstand that I am taking this scripture to mean that God will completely protect me from any deadly disease. I understand that I have cancer. I also believe that God still heals people today. However, if He were to heal me, just God Himself heal me, my lump would disappear and I would need nothing further at this time. I also believe that God can and does use people here on earth to heal us.... He gave these people abilities to understand medicine and how to use it and they are physicians. They can help to cure us with God's guidance. I also believe that God sometimes chooses to take us Home to Heaven to heal us.  For me, I believe that God will use physicians on earth to heal me. I will be healed, but I will have to fight for it. This is how I believe God will protect me from my deadly disease. He will use others to protect me. Oh how great He is that He would grant me this chance to see those on earth be His hands and feet. 

Hopefully by the end of this week, I will have a surgery date and know what kind of surgery I'm headed into. Have a blessed week. Love each other.... it goes quickly. 

7 comments:

  1. Very glad you got some time to not think but just to relax and take care of your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have hit the publish button twice. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the information, interesting post. obat bab berdarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lot of benefit from the above article, and hopefully this article can be a reliable source of all other resources. Thank you very much. Obat Herbal Untuk Pendarahan Lambung

    ReplyDelete