Friday, October 7, 2016

chemo number 8 in the books


Well, today I did chemo number 8. 4 more to go! My white blood cells were higher, 3.8. That was good... 

I also met with the radiation oncologist this afternoon. We discussed my surgeries and results. She did a very thorough exam. She stated that the risks of me doing radiation outweigh the benefits of me doing radiation. So, she said she does not recommend radiation in my case. So even with having 3 positive lymph nodes, it's not recommended because the cancer in those lymph nodes was MICROmetastisis, if the cancer had been MACROmetastisis, then yes... but because it was microscopic, we assume it was all taken in the surgery and that any left overs have been killed by the chemotherapy. 
So, no radiation for me! 

I have 4 more chemo treatments to do. They make me so tired. I saw Dr Filix on Monday. He said things seem to be going well. I see him again in a month. 

This whole thing has been such a roller coaster. My emotions just go everywhere. I'm in school and that makes me frustrated as well. I have had a couple mini breakdowns this week. But, it's ok. I think that is to be expected. I just feel like poo after chemo, then sometimes with the boys here, it just becomes too much. I have so much going on, or at least I feel like it... it's hard. Plus the money side of it. It just wears me down. 

This whole cancer thing is not just a physical battle, but a mental and emotional one as well! 

Monday, my car wouldn't start. Thankfully I was near Rebekah's job and it was close to her time to get off work. She picked me up. She and I tried to jump it, but no go. When Brad came home from work, he went out there and tried to jump it. nope. So, the next day it was towed home. Cody and Brad had determined it was the starter. Well, in a VW Beetle, the engine is pretty compressed. So, Cody said he would work on it while Brad was at work. Well, Cody had to take the tire off, I think part of the brakes, the inner lining of the fender, another liner, the battery had to come out, then he could start to loosen the starter. Oh my gosh... So, starter came out around 7 at night. Brad went in town to get one, they had to order it. Cody took me to the auto store the next day, I picked up the starter and paid for it. Brad came home that night (last night) and was going to install it. He looked at the new starter, then at the old one (because we had not turned it in yet) and they did not match. So, he went to a different auto parts store, they sold him one for a manual transmission because it looked like it. Brad realized that there was one part that did not look as long as the original. So, he came home and measured everything on the car. It was not the same size. So... he went to the auto parts place and talked to them (and returned the starter). They said he should call a dealership and see if they had one or could order him one. He did that today. It is costing twice a much for the starter. But, I told him, we're still better off because if we had to take it the dealership or other auto repair, it would cost even more! There are only 3 VW Beetle starters in the country. In the country! They are ordering it and it will be here on Monday. ugh! 

Earlier this week, there was so much I wanted to blog about, today I don't remember. Chemo brain is real people! 

Last night, Rebekah and I went to Ladies Night Out for Women's Health. Had dinner and a nice program. It was fun. Tomorrow we are going to Making Strides for Breast Cancer. I'm not walking in it. I just don't have the energy or strength to do a 5K right now. However, I will go and sit in the survivor area. Rebekah is going to sing the National Anthem and I am going to speak. 

After Making Strides, we are going to a wedding. Then after the wedding, Brad and Cody are going to a church event. The event is called Steak and Shoot. It's held at a gun range here, the guys go and shoot guns and then have a steak dinner. As our minister said, what's better than eating meat and shootin stuff? I plan on going to bed... LOL 

Ok... if I think of more things I will update... 

Until then Love and Peace! 



No comments:

Post a Comment