Wednesday, September 21, 2016

New York City

So.... we made it to New York City. Brad had quite the fun time.... He pushed me all over Manhattan in wheelchair. He stated the next morning that his back hurt. Hmmmmm If I was pushing someone that weighed (insert your own guess here) all over Manhattan, my back would hurt too. 

Rebekah went to her audition... It was a Broadway audition and she made it past the first cut! Was so happy!!! She was then was cut in the next round, but the only kept 6 people after that, so ... She was so excited and happy and we were so proud of her! 

We spent the night, got up the next morning and we were going to run into Manhattan and then head home. We went to the Donut Plant. Oh my.... those are the best donuts. They are ranked nationally. Interestingly... The Donut Plant store is on W 23rd St. It is on 23rd St between 7th and 8th. Well, later that day, a bomb exploded on W 23rd St between 6th and 7th. So, right where we were, a bomb exploded. I'm sure you heard about it. That bomb was connected to 3 others... They have arrested someone. Possibly part of a sleeper cell. Hooray! (Insert sarcasm here). 

We ate lunch at Carnegie Deli and had pastrami. Oh my.... I love New York pastrami. We also got some Juniors cheesecake to take home... well, to eat in the car on the way home. haha. It was quite delicious. Seriously, New York City has some of my most favorite foods and most delicious foods. 

So... we are headed home. Things are going like they should. We pulled off to get gas, pulled in the gas station, thought it would be like a truck stop. So, we pulled in and then we pulled out. Took like 5 minutes. This is important. So, we keep on moving down the highway... West on I -80. We did stop for gas again, got gas... moved on. Stopped again at a real truck stop, used the facilities and grabbed some McDonald's. Then back onto I-80 West. Doing great.... gonna make it home before 1:30am. We hit a rain storm... made it through that... We are looking good... We are about 12 miles from the Pennsylvania/ Ohio border... Then STOP... Everything stopped. All traffic stopped...  What the heck? Couldn't see anything. Sat there for a while and I pointed out, have you seen any traffic coming at us on I-80 Eastbound? No.... uh-oh. Brad looked it up on his phone. Two semi's hydroplaned on I-80 East and came across the median. Then a semi heading westbound hit one of the trailers that wrecked and spread everything in that trailer all over the highway... Not really sure how long we sat there. Brad says around 4 hours or so. So we eventually made it home. We rolled in around 6:30am. Wow! We came in, put on our jammies and went to bed. 

We were so thankful for God's interventions in our life. God protected us from the NYC bombing. God protected us by having us pull off the highway for 5 minutes therefore protecting us from being in a serious accident. 

So, there is my quick New York trip. Brad said it was the first real person thing I have done in, oh I don't know.... FORVER! 

We came home to Frisch's pumpkin pie.... mmmmm..... 

Of course, traveling does not always agree with me. Sometimes I get constipated. Almost always, I retain water. Then throw in the crap food I ate. Including the pastrami, oh man... So, I've been retaining water pretty good.... Today I woke up with my face swollen. I have been trying to push fluids, maybe not as good as I should, but today I pushed and pushed. I am hoping tomorrow is a better day fluid wise. 

I've been doing a lot of thinking, but my train of thought has been lost. When I get my thoughts together, will update for real. 

Have a great day! love and peace... 


No comments:

Post a Comment