Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Just pluggin along...

So.... Here we are... I'm still pluggin along... nothing really exciting to report. 

Last week had chemo on Friday. Friday was good. After chemo was over went to a restaurant I had not been to before, Guerra's Krazy Tacos. It was quite delicious! Very fresh and different. They were not like going to taco bell! The tacos were authentic and yum-o! Then Saturday came.... 

Wow... slept til 10:30 and then stayed in bed all day. By all day, I mean I got out of bed to use the restroom and that was it! I was back in bed. I was so tired and sore... I could not get out of bed. Sunday came, I managed to get out of bed in the morning, I went to church. I always do my best to go to church. I feel like, God has been with me thru all of this, I need to be with his body of believers on Sunday. But, Sunday afternoon, when we got home... NAP TIME! Again, I was sore and tired.... 

Yesterday (Monday), I was mostly just laying around... then I realized we were nearly out of toilet paper and a couple other things. So, I went to Wal Mart. I really try to go to the store if I can to pick up the small things. I really want to be a help. Basically because I feel like I'm not much of a help.... 

I digress... I went to Wal Mart. Cody and the boys came too. We parked in the handicap area (thank you Lord for the handicap parking pass!) Cody and the boys went walking in... I was like a turtle trying to get in the store! My legs felt like they were jelly! So, Cody insisted that I use the electric cart. Those things are a hoot! I managed to hit only a couple things this time! 

Today, my legs are still jelly like and hurt. Of course, tired too. This round of chemo is very different. but it's a different medicine, so there ya go. I laugh because my hair is trying to grow back. It has slowed down... but my eyebrows were starting to come back, but they reversed. They are leaving again and so are my eyelashes. What a hoot. So, I have to make sure I use an eyebrow pencil (which is something I NEVER thought I would need) and use mascara. 

Last week, I found out that because my long term disability was denied (due to a pre-existing condition, yes, they are counting my breast cancer as a pre-existing condition) even though my leave of absence is an approved leave of absence, because I am not getting long term disability, my health benefits are being cut off from my employer. It is a business decision. The good thing in this is that I do NOT have my medical with them. It is with Brad and his employer! However, I will now lose my vision and dental insurance as well as my life insurance. It was disappointing, but it's ok. It's ok because God has this. God made sure that I didn't have my medical with my employer but with Brad's. So, thank the Lord my medical insurance will continue! 

This week I go to chemo on Thursday. Rebekah is going to an audition in New York City. The audition is on Friday. She and Brad are going and they wanted me to come too. So, I'm gonna go. We are leaving Thursday night around 10:30 and coming home on Saturday. I honestly don't know how I'm going to make it in NYC. How am I going to make it around the city? I'm so weak and my muscles hurt. But they want me to come. All I know for sure is that I'm getting Juniors cheesecake, pastrami and I'm going to the Donut Plant.... yummmmmmmmmmmm

School keeps on going... Week 4 of my first course... this time next week, I will be finishing up that class! Each course is only 5 weeks long. I started out rough in this course. I started out with a C+ which, believe it or not is NOT passing! You have to have a B- to pass these classes. I started out rough because I misread the instructions (because, um chemo brain!) so that sucked! But I have turned it around and now have an A-. I really want to hold that grade! I would LOVE to graduate with honors. I am praying that I can make it through this and the next two courses ok. Assuming I do, I graduate on December 10. Oh man.... I will be so relieved and happy. 

My oldest grandson, Jaxson is playing soccer. He plays on Thursday nights. Its funny because it's just 4 and 5 year olds. They have a 20 minute practice and then they play a 20 minute game. The goals of this league are number one, have fun! They are basically trying to teach them not to use their hands and what out of bounds is. The other obvious concepts are to listen and work together as a team. They play with only 6 players on the field at a time. The fields are so little. It's cute. I need to take a chair this week. 

The other excitement this week is my son-in-law has asked me to come speak to his English class. He is a TA at Wright State. He is going for his Masters degree and part of that is he is a teacher as well. He teaches freshman level English courses. His class has to interview someone about their job. He asked me to come so they could interview me. I'm not going to use my current job. I don't feel I've really been there enough recently (I've been gone for 6 months!) so I'm going to use my previous job as a hospice nurse. The other good thing about going down to Wright State is that I get to go to Chik-Fil-A !!!! Yum-O! 

So that's all for this week. 

As always, Love and Peace.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment