Saturday, May 28, 2016

After the first bridal shower....


     So..... we last left off I had gone to Chicago and returned from a bridal shower given to Rebekah from Andrew's Chicago family. It was wonderful and good to get away.... So.... what's happened since then.... 

     Well, the next week was a week off from chemo as well. It was not a bad week... I was tired, but ok... nausea would come and go but it was still ok... Then THAT Saturday ANOTHER bridal shower for Rebekah... This time, in Springfield. I was so excited to see people... My sister-in-law, Gena came over from Indiana... some of Andrew's Ohio family came over from Eastern Ohio... I had family from Russellville, Ohio come... It was great! Good food and good times.... 


 
However, prior to that shower, my hair started coming out in clumps... and let me clarify clumps... not like big chunks of hair, but if I ran my fingers thru my hair, multiple hairs would come out every time, everywhere.... So that Monday after the Chicago shower (May 16), I had Brad buzz my head.... I didn't want to be losing hair in my food or anyone elses.... I knew it was only going to get worse...   So, hair buzzed... of course that only lasted a few days.... by that Thursday my hair was coming out even more and leaving bald patches on my head. So Brad again buzzed it down as low as he could and that still wasn't right. So, God love him, he shaved my head for me. It looked soooo much better! I even felt better because I knew that if I rubbed my hand on my head, hair was not going to come out.
 So.... Here I am big bald and beautiful! hahaha Shaved it off and honestly feels better. While it was upseting, it was ok... I knew it was going to come... The interesting thing is you don't just lose the hair on your head. You lose it everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE! Well, almost, the only places I still have hair are: my arms (WHAT?) and I still have my eyelashes (for now) and my eyebrows, however, I am starting to see bald spots in my eyebrows... So.... That's where I have hair... 
     Interesting to note, my grandsons asked why their Opa was shaving my head. We told him because Oma is sick and needs her hair cut. They were like ok, whatever and have not batted an eye at my bald head. They really haven't seen me too much in my wigs but that's ok.... they are ok with the bald and the little caps.... 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment